[Carpetx-developers] Weekly call at 10:00AM Eastern

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 23 10:18:24 CDT 2022

present: Roland, Lorenzo, Jay, Yosef, Federico

hydro toy code
* Jay ran a trial for shock tube using low resolution (100 points
  total) comparing HydroToy and Spritz. Both do similarly well, if
  anything Spritz does worse since Spritz has the wrong value on the
  left hand side of the shock, while HydroToy's was more correct.
* Jay will run some more of the Balsara tests
* Jay to send around plots with results to mailing list

ET summer school talk
* Jay, and Federico and Lorenzo (in order of involvemet), will contact
  Leo who is the executive organizer
* target audience would be ET developers who want to use GPUs in the
  ET, which is facilitated by CarpetX

late TODO items:
* Roland has not yet worked on the unit test for HydroToy
* no decision on new (if any) name for GRHydroToyGPU yet, "Primavera"
  or "GRHydroX" were suggested.