[Developers] Test suit results

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:59:37 CDT 2010

Hello all,

so I spend today working through the test suites that failed because of
missing thorns and tried to either make them work or find out why they
fail. Here are my results:

Test suites which I can make run:

+    test_recover in IOHDF5
+ works once the thorns from CactusWave have been compiled in
       (Recover from a WaveToy ID checkpoint file in HDF5 format)
       Missing:  WAVETOYC IDSCALARWAVEC

+    checkpoint in AHFinderDirect
+ use BSSN_O2 since spatial_order=2
       (AEIThorns/AHFinderDirect/test/checkpoint.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    recover in AHFinderDirect
+ use BSSN_O2 since spatial_order=2
       (AEIThorns/AHFinderDirect/test/recover.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    bowl-init in Exact
+ removed ADM
       (AEIThorns/Exact/test/bowl-init.par)
       Missing:  ADM

+    whisky_test_tov_ppm in Whisky
+ use BSSN_O2 since second order is BSSN_MoL default
       (TOV from TOVSolverC, ICN, Marquina, PPM, Polytrope)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    whisky_test_tov_ppm_eosg in Whisky
+ use BSSN_O2 since second order is BSSN_MoL default
       (TOV from TOVSolverC, ICN, Marquina, PPM, Polytrope, EOSG)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    whisky_test_tov_ppm_no_trp in Whisky
+ use BSSN_O2 since second order is BSSN_MoL default
       (TOV from TOVSolverC, ICN, Marquina, PPM, Polytrope)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    test_one_boost_max in Whisky_TOVSolverC
+ remove evolution since itlast=0
       (CIGR/Whisky_TOVSolverC/test/test_one_boost_max.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    test_one_static_max in Whisky_TOVSolverC
+ remove evolution since itlast=0
       (CIGR/Whisky_TOVSolverC/test/test_one_static_max.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    test_tov_carpet in Whisky_TOVSolverC
+ remove evolution since itlast=0
       (Carpet unigrid, one TOV)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    test_two_av in Whisky_TOVSolverC
+ remove evolution since itlast=0
       (CIGR/Whisky_TOVSolverC/test/test_two_av.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    test_two_max in Whisky_TOVSolverC
+ remove evolution since itlast=0
       (CIGR/Whisky_TOVSolverC/test/test_two_max.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

+    CarpetWaveToyNewRecover_test_1proc in CarpetIOHDF5
+ works once the two thorns from CactusWave are compiled in
       (Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/test/CarpetWaveToyNewRecover_test_1proc.par)
       Missing:  IDSCALARWAVEC WAVETOYC

+    CarpetWaveToyRecover_test_1proc in CarpetIOHDF5
+ works once the two thorns from CactusWave are compiled in
       (Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/test/CarpetWaveToyRecover_test_1proc.par)
       Missing:  IDSCALARWAVEC WAVETOYC

+    CarpetWaveToyRecover_test_4proc in CarpetIOHDF5
+ works once the two thorns from CactusWave are compiled in
       (Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/test/CarpetWaveToyRecover_test_4proc.par)
       Missing:  IDSCALARWAVEC WAVETOYC

+    input_initial_data in CarpetIOHDF5
+ contains type in paramter file: $parfilename->$parfile works once this
+ is fixed and wavetoymol from carpetextra has been compiled in
       (Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/test/input_initial_data.par)
       Missing:  WAVETOYMOL

Test suites which I could not make run (successfully):

-    ADMConstraints_Mask in ADMConstraints
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (Constraints for Schwarzschild with mask activated)
       Missing:  ADM

-    ADMConstraints_Physical in ADMConstraints
- should doable when replacing ADM->ML and adding MoL
- fails with nans in the constraints when I tried to use ML+MoL however
       (Constraints for Schwarzschild with physical metric)
       Missing:  ADM

-    ADMConstraints_Shift in ADMConstraints
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (Constraints for Schwarzschild with mask and shift activated)
       Missing:  ADM

-    test_ADM in ADMConstraints
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (Geodesically sliced black hole, ADM, Staggered leapfrog)
       Missing:  ADM

-    test_extract in Extract
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (Extract waveforms from BH)
       Missing:  ADM

-    kerr in IDAnalyticBH
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (1+log sliced Kerr black hole, ADM, double leapfrog)
       Missing:  ADM

-    test_bl in IDAnalyticBH
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (1+log sliced 4 BL black holes, ADM, double leapfrog)
       Missing:  ADM

-    test_misner in IDAnalyticBH
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (1+log sliced Misner black holes, ADM, double leapfrog)
       Missing:  ADM

-    test_axibrill in IDAxiBrillBH
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (Initial data for axisymmetric distored black hole)
       Missing:  ADM

-    test_axibrill_nostagger in IDAxiBrillBH
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (Initial data for axisymmetric distored black hole)
       Missing:  ADM

-    checkpoint2 in AHFinderDirect
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/AHFinderDirect/test/checkpoint2.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL LEGOEXCISION

-    Kerr-Cartoon in AHFinderDirect
- needs Cartoon2D
       (AEIThorns/AHFinderDirect/test/Kerr-Cartoon.par)
       Missing:  CARTOON2D

-    recover2 in AHFinderDirect
- needs checkpoint2
       (AEIThorns/AHFinderDirect/test/recover2.par)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL LEGOEXCISION

-    test_ah in Dissipation
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (distorted BH, no rotation, fixed mesh refinement evolution with
carpet)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

-    test_ob in Dissipation
- needs "static conformal" metric type
       (distorted BH, no rotation, fixed mesh refinement evolution with
carpet)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

-    de_Sitter in Exact
- runs with ML+MoL but produces completely different results in
- eg. the lapse (which is set by Exact)
       (AEIThorns/Exact/test/de_Sitter.par)
       Missing:  ADM_BSSN

-    KS-tilted in Exact
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/Exact/test/KS-tilted.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    Kerr-rotating-180-staggered in RotatingSymmetry180
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-rotating-180-staggered.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    Kerr-rotating-180 in RotatingSymmetry180
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-rotating-180.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    Kerr-staggered in RotatingSymmetry180
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-staggered.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    Kerr in RotatingSymmetry180
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    Kerr-rotating-90-staggered in RotatingSymmetry90
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/RotatingSymmetry90/test/Kerr-rotating-90-staggered.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    Kerr-rotating-90 in RotatingSymmetry90
- needs LegoExcision
       (AEIThorns/RotatingSymmetry90/test/Kerr-rotating-90.par)
       Missing:  LEGOEXCISION BSSN_MOL

-    bam in TwoPunctures
- needs bam_elliptic
       (AEIThorns/TwoPunctures/test/bam.par)
       Missing:  BAM_ELLIPTIC

-    idpuncture in TwoPunctures
- needs PETSC which I don't know how to get to work
       (AEIThorns/TwoPunctures/test/idpuncture.par)
       Missing:  IDPUNCTURE TATELLIPTIC TATJACOBI TATMG TATPETSC

-    qlm-bl in QuasiLocalMeasures
- fails with: Assertion `prolongation_order_time == 2' failed in
- Carpet/Initialize.cc when CarpetMask is added
- once Carpet::prolongation_order_time=2 is added to the parameter file,
- then 33 files still differ significantly
       (LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-bl.par)
       Missing:  CARPETMASK

-    outer-buffers in Carpet
- needs InterpToArray
       (Carpet/Carpet/test/outer-buffers.par)
       Missing:  WAVEMOL IDWAVEMOL INTERPTOARRAY

-    waveinterp-1p in CarpetInterp
- needs InterpToArray
       (Carpet/CarpetInterp/test/waveinterp-1p.par)
       Missing:  WAVEMOL IDWAVEMOL INTERPTOARRAY

-    waveinterp-2p in CarpetInterp
- needs InterpToArray
       (Carpet/CarpetInterp/test/waveinterp-2p.par)
       Missing:  WAVEMOL IDWAVEMOL INTERPTOARRAY

-    test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet in CarpetRegrid
- uses "static conformal" metric_type
       (1+log sliced black hole, ADM_BSSN, Iterative CN, Carpet with 2
levels)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

-    test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet_keep in CarpetRegrid
- uses "static conformal" metric_type
       (1+log sliced black hole, ADM_BSSN, Iterative CN, Carpet with 2
levels)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

-    test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet in CarpetRegrid2
- uses "static conformal" metric_type
       (1+log sliced black hole, ADM_BSSN, Iterative CN, Carpet with 2
levels)
       Missing:  BSSN_MOL

Test suites which I have to fully tested for one
reason or the other:

=    extract_physical in Extract
= should doable when replacing ADM->ML and adding MoL
       (Extract waveforms from BH)
       Missing:  ADM

=    bowl-evolution in Exact
= almost identical to bowl-init. In particular itlast=0!
       (AEIThorns/Exact/test/bowl-evolution.par)
       Missing:  ADM

=    qlm-ks-boosted in QuasiLocalMeasures
= not tested (since qlm-bl fails)
       (LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-boosted.par)
       Missing:  CARPETMASK

=    qlm-ks-shifted in QuasiLocalMeasures
= not tested (since qlm-bl fails)
       (LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-shifted.par)
       Missing:  CARPETMASK

=    qlm-ks-tilted in QuasiLocalMeasures
= not tested (since qlm-bl fails)
       (LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-tilted.par)
       Missing:  CARPETMASK

=    qlm-ks in QuasiLocalMeasures
= not tested (since qlm-bl fails)
       (LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks.par)
       Missing:  CARPETMASK

=    qlm-minkowski in QuasiLocalMeasures
= not tested (since qlm-bl fails)
       (LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-minkowski.par)
       Missing:  CARPETMASK

This reduces the number of unrunnable thorns from 55 to 32 plus the ones
that I cannot tell (7), ie 15 additional workable ones (and one I must
have forgotten to count somwhere). I don't think that I have commit
rights to all of the repositories to update/upload the changed/new
testsuites, so someone else will have to do so (the parameter files are
attached). Some more could be made to work by using McLachlan in the
ones using the "static conformal" metric_type, though I have not been
very successful with this.