[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #100: ExternalLibraries/HDF5/HDF5.sh fails to catch a missing library file in user implementation

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Dec 13 00:16:54 CST 2010

#100: ExternalLibraries/HDF5/HDF5.sh fails to catch a missing library file in
user implementation
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  bmundim  |       Owner:
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Cactus   |     Version:
Resolution:           |    Keywords:  ExternalLibraries HDF5
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment (by bmundim):

 Ok,

 I had already set on my .cshrc the HDF5_DIR to /usr. I set it like this
 in order to build a visualisation tool, hdf5todv, a long time ago.
 I thought this env variable would be overwritten (at least it should)
 by the Cactus options. Maybe it is, but the hdf5.sh script checks first
 if it is already set. It should have a work around this. The user env
 variables outside the .cactus/config option file should not interfere
 with Cactus or external libraries build.

 Cheers,
 Bruno.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/100#comment:6>