[ET Trac] [Users] [Einstein Toolkit] #677: parameter default change in CarpetIOASCII

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 12 09:10:58 CST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Luca Baiotti <baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp>wrote:

> On 12/12/11 7:50 AM, Einstein Toolkit wrote:
> > #677: parameter default change in CarpetIOASCII
> >
> ----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
> >    Reporter:  baiotti@…                  |       Owner:  eschnett
> >        Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new
> >   Component:  Carpet                     |     Version:
> > Resolution:                             |    Keywords:  CaroetIOASCII
> parameter default

> seems
> >   to be ignored, and the changing a default value should be done by
> >   consensus.
>
> Erik, I had originally asked on the mailing list, with the message
> "questions on CarpetIOASCII" sent on 10 Oct 2011.

Yes, it can be difficult to gather momentum for some changes... In my
experience, this means that most people don't care about the change, and
that some people won't like it but don't speak up, and that overall no one
expects the change to happen unless a few people speak up for it.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/