[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #329: SimFactory/ranger-intel11.cfg: Are BLAS and LAPACK compilations on Ranger optimized?

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sun Mar 6 11:32:50 CST 2011

#329: SimFactory/ranger-intel11.cfg: Are BLAS and LAPACK compilations on Ranger
optimized?
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bmundim      |       Owner:  mthomas
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 ranger-intel11.cfg now sets BLAS and LAPACK to be built along with the
 Cactus and other external libraries. Usually the host system BLAS and
 LAPACK are fine tuned to
 take advantage of the particular memory hierarchy of the host machine. I
 was wondering if this fine tuning is performed when we set BLAS = BUILD or
 LAPACK = BUILD, and, in case it is not, if it would be interesting to
 define Cactus env variables to set the size of the several cache memories
 for example and use it for this necessary fine tuning.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/329>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>