[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #664: track should have a "reviewed" state for tickets whose attached patch has been reviewed

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Nov 7 17:10:00 CST 2011

#664: track should have a "reviewed" state for tickets whose attached patch has
been reviewed
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  rhaas                 |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
 Component:  EinsteinToolkit trac  |     Version:
Resolution:                        |    Keywords:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by hinder):

 What do you think should happen if a patch has been reviewed and found to
 have problems?  On the one hand, it could remain in "review", as at least
 there is a patch available, but on the other hand, it cannot be reviewed.
 Searching for patches which can be reviewed is not currently possible
 without finding also the ones with rejected patches.  Should we enable
 TRAC to allow a transition from review back to accepted for this
 situation?  If you are looking for tickets which have patches attached (as
 this might indicate tickets which can be advanced more easily, even if the
 patches first need to be fixed), then we could work out how to make a
 query for tickets with patches.  If we can tolerate a small additional
 complication, we could make the ticket states reflect the actual process,
 and have "review", "failedreview" and "approved" (with a better name than
 "failedreview").  "reviewed" does not reflect the fact that tickets with
 patches in this state have passed the review. "approved" would have the
 semantics of "please commit".

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/664#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>