[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #675: allow zero timelevels in STORAGE when timelevels are specified via parameter

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Nov 21 22:22:12 CST 2011

#675: allow zero timelevels in STORAGE when timelevels are specified via
parameter
  Reporter:  rhaas        |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Cactus       |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:

Comment (by rhaas):

 True. This is what I need actually. I expect to have a global STORAGE
 foo[persistent_timelevels] and a SCHEDULE local STORAGE
 foo[temporary_timelevels] in a compute-grid-frunction-then-reduce-to-get-a
 -volume-integral setup (specifically variations of Tanja's TotalMass
 routines). Each of these calculations is wrapped inside of a GROUP with
 STORAGE statements attached to the group. One group contains a routine
 that can potentially compute two grid functions so the only way I see to
 not allocate storage for both grid functions when only one is needed are
 these zero-timelevels parameters (combined with option b. above. I am not
 sure if I find b. or c. less horrible).

 It would still be applicable I think.

 I cannot apply it myself since it affects the flesh for which I don't have
 write permissions. I will update the patch to include some documenation
 updates mentioning where parameters and explicit timelevel specification
 differ (a STORAGE[number] is still restricted to 1 <= number <=
 max_timelevels, by design).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/675#comment:3>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>