[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #626: Recovery fails in AHFinderDirect RecoverML with out-of-bounds assertion in CarpetLib

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Oct 18 13:04:01 CDT 2011

#626: Recovery fails in AHFinderDirect RecoverML with out-of-bounds assertion in
CarpetLib
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Carpet  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by rhaas):

 Thank you for the quick (and insightfull reply). I used option (1) for the
 test suite. That works fine.

 If I understand this correctly and remember properly that the operation
 requiring time interpolation is the filling in of buffer zones, then this
 implies that after a recovery prolongation is done? I am a bit concerned
 what happens if I checkpoint on an odd timestep (assuming I have 2
 levels). Below 'x' is the coarse grid, '+' the fine, and '*' is where they
 overlap. Time is up.
 {{{
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  1
   ++++++++      2
 xx********xxxx  3
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  5
 }}}
 In this situation I would expect the buffer zones (4) to be filled in
 useing coarse data from (1),(3) and (5). During evolution though I would
 have expceted the corresponding buffer zones to be filled in by what would
 be (3),(5),(7) instead.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/626#comment:2>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>