[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #572: Change scoping of TmunuBase parameter to allow parameter checking in other thorns

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Sep 21 10:53:00 CDT 2011

#572: Change scoping of TmunuBase parameter to allow parameter checking in other
thorns
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  filga@…           |       Owner:
      Type:  defect            |      Status:  review
 Component:  Other             |     Version:
Resolution:                    |    Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment (by anonymous):

 This would not be a very elegant solution as one ordinarily checks
 parameters in PARAMCHECK while SetStressEnergyState is not called until
 BASEGRID. In fact, were the parameter to be made steerable as well as
 restricted, the thorn in question could detect and rectify the problem all
 within PARAMCHECK, while post-BASEGRID the damage would be done.

 I would now like to recommend also changing the parameter to steerable.

 I would also point out that the proposed change will not break any running
 code, but would go a long way in making it possible to write thorns that
 are not so finnicky over parameters.

 Aaryn

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/572#comment:3>