[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #797: N13CarpetRegrid211snap_coarseE does not hold after being enforced in cell centering

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Apr 13 10:12:46 CDT 2012

#797: N13CarpetRegrid211snap_coarseE does not hold after being enforced in cell
centering
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Carpet  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by rhaas):

 Yes, I meant "returns an empty box". It's actually in the posted text but
 since the code snippet is not word-wrapped one has to scroll to the right
 to see it.

 I'll give the suggestion of adding/subtracting on reffact a try. There
 seemed to be sufficiently many cases (vertex/cell centered, reffact
 even/odd, reffact > 2, location of the edge) to make asking for some help
 a good idea. I'll also add a test for empty at the very beginning in the
 current calculation and compare both variants (code both and compare the
 resulting boxes).

 Turns out this would have been so much easier to find had I turned on
 CARPET_DEBUG :-) We live and learn it seems.

 I think I'll also pick up my footer of asking for this trac spam issue to
 be fixed again (would be nice to fix this before the next release) :-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/797#comment:4>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>