[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #625: CarpetIOHDF5 sliced output does not output symmetry points unless it also outputs buffer points

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Apr 24 22:23:38 CDT 2012

#625: CarpetIOHDF5 sliced output does not output symmetry points unless it also
outputs buffer points
  Reporter:  hinder  |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Carpet  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:  CarpetIOHDF5

Comment (by rhaas):

 I have some simulations where sliced output without buffers (and maybe
 some other classes missing as well) produces unreadable files (unreadable
 to VisIt). Ian, did you ever encounter something similar? I'll have to
 rewrite the whole thing anyway it seems. On the other hand regrid() now
 has a variable buffers that might be just what I want. Will likely not
 happen in time for the next release though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/625#comment:4>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>