[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #731: simfactory does not expand @MACHINE@ in the SubmitScript if submitted with option --submitscriipt

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Jan 13 11:32:39 CST 2012

#731: simfactory does not expand @MACHINE@ in the SubmitScript if submitted with
option --submitscriipt
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  alibeck     |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 Component:  SimFactory  |     Version:
Resolution:              |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment (by eschnett):

 Simfactory should really abort with an error message if an option is used
 that doesn't match the command given.

 One of the main points of Simfactory is to be safe and easy to use. That
 implies that it shouldn't have many options that let people modify its
 behaviour in subtle ways. I would rather have a discussion on what a good
 behaviour is, and make this the default.

 I don't know what kind of testing you mean that is currently painful. If
 you mean testing new submission scripts, then you can do this by directly
 editing either the copy stored with the executable or the copy stored with
 the simulation; once you have something working, you clean it up and
 commit it. Compare this to editing a makefile directly within the source
 tree; Cactus doesn't have an option to override certain makefiles while
 building either.

 There is also a feature request to make Simfactory automatically update
 submit scripts etc. from the MDB.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/731#comment:4>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>