[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #641: Parameter files and thornlists could be tested as part of the release process

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon May 21 07:36:12 CDT 2012

#641: Parameter files and thornlists could be tested as part of the release
process
  Reporter:  hinder       |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Other        |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:
Changes (by hinder):

  * milestone:  ET_2012_05 => ET_2012_11

Comment:

 There are currently 172 example parameter files
 (arrangements/*/*/par/*.par).  Testing these is only feasible
 automatically.  For this, we would need information on how much memory and
 run time is needed.  This could be added as comments to the parameter file
 (users will also want to know this) which are parsed by whatever system
 does the testing.  We could then test that they at least run without
 giving any errors.  We can't check correctness; for that we hope that the
 regression tests are sufficient.

 There are 27 thornlists (find arrangements/ -name "*.th" -follow).  We
 should test that these build successfully with the ET checkout.  What
 should we do about thornlists which require non-ET thorns?

 I think that this task is too much to do before the upcoming release, so I
 am moving the milestone to the next one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/641#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>