[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1310: HydroBase should initialize excision mask before MoL_PostStep since it is used in MoL_PostStep

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Apr 9 02:35:41 CDT 2013

#1310: HydroBase should initialize excision mask before MoL_PostStep since it is
used in MoL_PostStep
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  reisswig@…                  |       Owner:  reisswig@…
     Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new
 Some routines in GRHydro query whether a point is excised using
 hydrobase's excision mask. HydroBase initializes the excision mask to zero
 in certain groups.
 However, this initialization should happen before any other code reads the
 excision mask.
 Since GRHydro reads the excision mask in Con2Prim, which is scheduled in
 MoL_PostStep, the mask should be set before MoL_PostStep!

 Most notably, this is required in post_recover_variables (since the mask
 is not checkpointed and thus we critically rely on a correct mask
 initialzation), and also in post_regrid, where new points must be
 correctly initialized.

 I attach a simple patch that fixes this issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1310>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>