[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1328: parameter file parser does not use correct value for parameters in equations

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Apr 23 10:29:03 CDT 2013

#1328: parameter file parser does not use correct value for parameters in
equations
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  rhaas     |       Owner:  sbrandt
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  assigned
 Component:  Cactus    |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

Comment (by sbrandt):

 The attached patch will actually fix tickets #1290, #1328, and #1324
 together.

 It contains the fix already attached to #1290, plus another one.
 Previously, I was maintaining a cache of values set by the parser and
 using them to get old values rather than ParameterGet. This strategy fails
 the moment one uses an impl name to set a par value and a thorn name to
 get it (as in the attached). It was probably a bad idea anyway. In the
 process of changing this I corrected a variable initialization problem
 which was the result of Roland's core dump.

 A side effect of this fix was my discovery that I'd committed a bad test
 to the TestPar thorn. TestPar::bool1[3] should evaluate to 0/False.

 TestPar::int2[3] = -12*(23%11 + 17)
 TestPar::bool1[3] = TestPar::int2[3]>0 || -1 >= 10

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1328#comment:2>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>