[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1307: Support/Evaluate expressions also in default values within param.ccl (e.g. $parfile)

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Apr 25 15:58:22 CDT 2013

#1307: Support/Evaluate expressions also in default values within param.ccl (e.g.
$parfile)
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  eschnett  |       Owner:  knarf@…
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Component:  Other     |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

Comment (by sbrandt):

 Adding parameter to the name did occur to me after posting this :) , and
 yes it does require the user to call free().

 I'm not sure that the scheduler needs this, as it can take equations and
 directly from the CCL file and insert them into C code. I have included
 CCTK_EvaluateParamExpr available on the Piraha branch.

 If you are interested, I have been working on the Piraha interface a bit
 in general.
 In the Piraha branch
 (https://svn.cactuscode.org/flesh/branches/piraha_schedule) there's a file
 called Piraha.html which shows, side by side, how to use Piraha in C++, C,
 and Java. Basically, if you know regex's, it shouldn't be too hard to
 concoct grammars and parse them.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1307#comment:9>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>