[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1230: Make Cactus test suite mechanism independent of Carpet's domain decomposition

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sun Jan 20 15:00:06 CST 2013

#1230: Make Cactus test suite mechanism independent of Carpet's domain
decomposition
  Reporter:  eschnett     |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Cactus       |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:

Comment (by knarf):

 We tried something similar but more complex recently - directly
 interpreting the files 'knowning' which columns to use and which to
 ignore. This is not finished, but something we found is that at least for
 some testsuites data at the same point (ghost zones) isn't always
 identical, i.e., ghost zone data isn't always synced. One might argue that
 this shouldn't be the case in the first place, but apparently this is the
 case sometimes right now. The example you give wouldn't catch this.
 Nevertheless I found it quite neat. :)

 Of course - something also nice would be a thorn writing data already
 independent of the process layout, a bit like PUGH ASCII output. This
 would scale probably terribly, but it already does so right now anyway.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1230#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>