[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1609: CarpetIOHDF5 incorrectly recovers grid scalars and arrays with DISTRIB=CONSTANT

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sun May 4 22:11:19 CDT 2014

#1609: CarpetIOHDF5 incorrectly recovers grid scalars and arrays with
DISTRIB=CONSTANT
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  rhaas    |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  reviewed_ok
 Component:  Carpet   |     Version:  development version
Resolution:           |    Keywords:
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment (by rhaas):

 A test case turned out not that straightforward since the incorrect data
 would only ever appear on processes other than process 0 so Carpet would
 never write it do disk. Also contrary to what I originally stated, grid
 SCALARS are indeed still read correctly (since special code for
 group.dim==0 was taken out and thus they actually behave as before), for
 grid arrays however the effect is present. Attached is a demo parfile
 cp.par. To demonstrate do:

 {{{
 mpirun -n 2 cactus_bns_all -roe cp.par >cp.log
 mpirun -n 2 cactus_bns_all -roe cp.par >rec.log
 }}}
 and notice that while rec.log lists
 {{{
 INFO (CarpetIOHDF5):   reading 'CARPETREGRID2::radius[0]' from dataset
 'CARPETREGRID2::radius[0] it=0 tl=0'
 }}}
 this entry is missing from CCTK_Proc1.log.

 With the patches CCTK_Proc1.log als contains this line, ie the grid array
 is successfully read on process 1.

 I don't know how to make a test case that the test system would support
 out of this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1609#comment:3>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>