[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel compilers

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon May 5 09:27:11 CDT 2014

#1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel
compilers
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  bmundim     |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 Component:  SimFactory  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:              |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment (by eschnett):

 Bruno, what I meant that I looked at the compiler documentation and the
 ABI documentation. From this I know that passing a scalar when the dummy
 argument is a one-element array is safe, even though the Fortran standard
 does not allow it.

 I did not use a tool to check whether the code adheres to the Fortran
 standard. I believe the compiler when it says that the code violates the
 standard. In the long run, we may want to fix this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1591#comment:8>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>