[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1827: ML_BSSN::LapseACoeff and ML_BSSN::ShiftBCoeff Removed without Proper Deprecation

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Oct 20 08:35:03 CDT 2015

#1827: ML_BSSN::LapseACoeff and ML_BSSN::ShiftBCoeff Removed without Proper
Deprecation
 Reporter:  Zach Etienne  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
 After pulling the latest ET, it appears that practically all of my
 parameter files no longer work. The reason is simple:

 ML_BSSN::LapseACoeff and ML_BSSN::ShiftBCoeff were removed in the
 McLachlan rewrite and not properly deprecated like all other renamed
 parameters.

 I found this because it broke the IllinoisGRMHD test suite. I am surprised
 and worried by my finding, because it appears that no other test suite
 parameter files set these ML_BSSN gauge parameters, so this was not caught
 earlier.

 Perhaps to prevent this from happening in the future, perhaps in some
 subset of our tests we should manually set *all* parameters in the test
 parfiles to their defaults. This way any bug in renaming parameters will
 be caught immediately.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1827>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>