[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #2086: Perform only spatial prolongation when using a single timelevel and tag 'prolongation="copy"'

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Nov 22 19:49:46 CST 2017

#2086: Perform only spatial prolongation when using a single timelevel and  tag
'prolongation="copy"'
--------------------------------------------------------+-------------------
  Reporter:  miguel.zilhao.nogueira@…                   |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect                                     |      Status:  new
 Component:  Carpet                                     |     Version:  development version
Resolution:                                             |    Keywords:
--------------------------------------------------------+-------------------

Comment (by eschnett):

 {{{op_copy}}} was designed to copy data from coarse to the fine level
 without any kind of interpolation. This would work with all data types,
 including integers. I don't recall whether its meaning has changed in the
 mean time. As I recently realized, {{{op_copy}}} does not work with cell-
 centred refinement since there is then no nearest point from which to
 copy.

 We can introduce a new prolongation operator and/or introduce a way to set
 the desired time prolongation order per grid function group.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2086#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>