[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #2177: CarpetInterp tree_search fails when using Carpet with manual topology specified

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Jul 31 15:12:47 CDT 2018

#2177: CarpetInterp tree_search fails when using Carpet with manual topology
specified
---------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  yosef@…              |       Type:  defect
Milestone:                       |  Component:  Other
  Version:  development version  |   Keywords:
---------------------------------+--------------------
 While running a unigrid simulation in Carpet, I ran into an issue with
 interpolation. The CarpetInterp tree_search algorithm fails when I used
 Carpet::processor_topology       = "manual"

 Is this expected? Setting CarpetInterp::tree_search = false
 seems to make the problem go away.

 This is the reported error when tree_search = yes

 Inconsistent search result from find_location_tree for interpolation point
 #1626 at [0.043412,-0.246202,3.0151e-17] of patch #0 is not on any
 component

 I attached a parfile showing the issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2177>