[ET Trac] #2548: Compilation failure: "const" assignment in LoopControl/src/loopcontrol.cc

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Aug 6 12:20:49 CDT 2021

#2548: Compilation failure: "const" assignment in LoopControl/src/loopcontrol.cc

 Reporter: Bernard Kelly
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Hmm, these may be causes by a change in C\+\+ where constexpr and const are not longer implying each other, though why it would only happen for you with Intel17 I am not sure. Could be the same library mismatch as in #2457 but I kind of doubt it.
I took a look at the reference for the function call \(`min`\) in question: [https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/random/linear\_congruential\_engine/min](https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/random/linear_congruential_engine/min) and it is declared as

```
static constexpr result_type min();
```

so the compiler error seems odd. The only thing I can think of is that either the C\+\+ standard library used \(incorrectly\) does not declare it as `constexpr`, or that the compiler gets confused b/c I am calling a static class function via an object.

I will try and see if `minstd_rand::minx()` works instead, assuming I can find a cluster where I can reproduce the issue.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2548/compilation-failure-const-assignment-in