[ET Trac] #2551: include RePriMand in the ET

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Aug 13 07:41:24 CDT 2021

#2551: include RePriMand in the ET

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component:

Comment (by Roland Haas):

We currently state \([http://einsteintoolkit.org/contribute.html](http://einsteintoolkit.org/contribute.html)\) that

We suggest GPL compatible and link to the the OSI’s definition page \([https://opensource.org/licenses/category](https://opensource.org/licenses/category)\).  I do not think that the issue has come up before. So for not I will take note and bring it with in some initial review for discussion in the ET call \(the questions whether this is  problem\). It certainly would be problem if this was intended to be a “Cactus\*” thing since all “Cactus\*” must be LGPL so that explicitly derived object can be distributed without exposing all code. This is for example why AEILocalInterp is in Numerical and not CactusNumerical \(the author explicitly requires it to be GPL and not LGPL\). The ET however does not have that LGPL requirement.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2551/include-reprimand-in-the-et