[ET Trac] #2538: Inclusion of kuibit

Gabriele Bozzola trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Aug 19 10:20:19 CDT 2021

#2538: Inclusion of kuibit

 Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Component:

Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):

How would kuibit be distributed with the Einstein Toolkit? Would users have to install it with pip? Would the repo be included?

It would be nice to distribute the repo because they contain the examples, which, in my opinion, are the fastest way for new users to start visualizing their simulations. On the flip side, installing with `pip kuibit` is the easiest way to obtain a working copy of kuibit.

‌

Also, I wrote a page [\(first steps\)](https://sbozzolo.github.io/kuibit/dev/first_steps.html) to introduce users to kuibit. I don’t know if it is useful or not, so @{557058:d079f9c2-ad27-47b2-bf4b-ecc6bbe288b0} , if you have no prior experience with kuibit, feedback on the on-boarding process would be appreciated!

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2538/inclusion-of-kuibit