[ET Trac] #2572: Build failure in PITTNullCode SphericalHarmonicReconGen

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Nov 1 09:16:07 CDT 2021

#2572: Build failure in PITTNullCode SphericalHarmonicReconGen

 Reporter: Wolfgang Kastaun
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Interesting. Ok. The Silo one is an actual bug in HDF5 since it’s symbols are not internally consistent. This one here may be different though even so the newsletter “\[…\]that includes deprecated symbols \(the default\)\[…\]” to me would read as if the default settings should be a backwards compatible API \(which of course Arch Linux may change if they want to be on the bleading edge\).

I will give this a try on my workstation with a self-compiled HDF5 1.12.

Semantic versioning by HDF5 would be great so that API change → major version change. But then, with the Linux kernel now also updating major version numbers when the devs run out of fingers and toes to count, this is probably a futile hope…

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2572/build-failure-in-pittnullcode