[ET Trac] #2176: Test "Binary neutron star" example

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Apr 6 16:57:03 CDT 2022

#2176: Test "Binary neutron star" example

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component: EinsteinToolkit website

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Let me be probe a bit more here. Which is he exact thorn list that you pass to simfacotyr \(not GetComponents\)? Could you maybe attach it to the ticket \(otherwise we are mostly just guessing\)? I am asking because you must not use the file [nsnstohmns.th](http://nsnstohmns.th) that GetComponents dropped into the directory it ran in \(so `simfactory/bin/sim build --thornllist ../nsnstohmns.th` is incorrect\) and you must instead use the one GetComponents writes to `thornlists/nsnstohmns.th` which has the `!INCLUDE` directive resolved. The one downloaded looks like so:

```
# Component list for the Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org/>
# $Revision$
# $Date$
# $HeadURL$

!CRL_VERSION = 1.0

!INCLUDE = https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2021_11/einsteintoolkit.th

!TARGET   = $ARR
!TYPE     = git
!URL      = https://bitbucket.org/knarrff/nstracker.git
!REPO_PATH = ../../arrangements/$1/../../repos/nstracker
!CHECKOUT =
LSUThorns/NSTracker
```

and does \(for me at least\) produce an error message:

```
There were 2 errors during execution of the CST
These must be corrected before compilation can proceed

Warnings were generated during execution of the CST

CST error in /data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/ET_NSNSToHMNS/repos/flesh/lib/sbin/interface_parser.pl (at 637)
  -> NSTracker (thorn NSTracker) inherits from HYDRO_ANALYSIS
     No thorn in your current ThornList implements HYDRO_ANALYSIS
     Either remove NSTracker, or add a thorn to your
      ThornList implementing HYDRO_ANALYSIS
     Available thorns in arrangements directory implementing HYDRO_ANALYSIS:
        EinsteinAnalysis/Hydro_Analysis

CST error in /data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/ET_NSNSToHMNS/repos/flesh/lib/sbin/interface_parser.pl (at 637)
  -> NSTracker (thorn NSTracker) inherits from SPHERICALSURFACE
     No thorn in your current ThornList implements SPHERICALSURFACE
     Either remove NSTracker, or add a thorn to your
      ThornList implementing SPHERICALSURFACE
     Available thorns in arrangements directory implementing SPHERICALSURFACE:
        CactusNumerical/SphericalSurface
```

when passed to simfactory.

--