[ET Trac] #2629: MoL_PseudoEvolution vs ANALYSIS

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Aug 30 07:57:49 CDT 2022

#2629: MoL_PseudoEvolution vs ANALYSIS

 Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Component:

Comment (by Roland Haas):

In the call I said I knew how to do the scheduling in MoL\_PseudoEvolution. Turns out that this is not true. Here’s my current thoughts:

```text
rl=0 delta_t=4.0 timefac=1
rl=1 delta_t=2.0 timefac=2
rl=2 delta_t=1.0 timefac=4

it == 0:
rl=0 t_of_level=0.0
rl=1 t_of_level=0.0
rl=2 t_of_level=0.0

it == 1:
rl=0 t_of_level=4.0
rl=1 t_of_level=2.0
rl=2 t_of_level=1.0

it == 2:
rl=2 t_of_level=2.0

it == 3:
rl=1 t_of_level=4.0
rl=2 t_of_level=3.0

it == 4:
rl=2 t_of_level=4.0

if wanting to compute every Delta_t = 4.0 which is every 4 iterations, need to
evaluate at:

it = 0 for rl=0,1,2
and
it = 1 for rl=0
it = 3 for rl=1
it = 4 for rl=2
```

and I am not sure to to come up with an expression that involves only `iteration`, `timefac` and the `every` value that would give those iterations \(ie not referring to the unknown maximum `timefac` value in the simulation\).

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2629/mol_pseudoevolution-vs-analysis