[ET Trac] #2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault

Maria trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Jul 8 14:05:36 CDT 2022

#2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault

 Reporter: Maria
Component:

Comment (by Maria):

Sure, no problem! Meantime, I still want to be able to run ETK on ThornyFlat. Anuj, what version of mpi/gcc are you using when you were able to run on ThornyFlat?

I was on the phone with Guillermo and Patrick for 2 hours Today. Apparently I have the same rights to compute nodes as any WVU faculty on ThornyFlat community nodes supported by NSF. It’s not the memory or access, although ThornyFlat was rather slow Today. The problem was tracked down to a bug that seems to appear when mpi4.1 talks with gcc11. It is not fixed yet. I am to try to use instead gcc3.1.6 and report back. They’ll work on their end to figure out if it’s fixable by them, or it’s a bug in mpi4.1 that must be reported. As for me not being able to send tickets, this seem to be managed by a different team, that I have to contact.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2598/thornyflat-production-run-segmentation