[ET Trac] #2653: Carpet PreSync triggering syncs for all refinement levels unnecessarily

Samuel Cupp trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Oct 6 14:40:01 CDT 2022

#2653: Carpet PreSync triggering syncs for all refinement levels unnecessarily

 Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Component: Carpet

Comment (by Samuel Cupp):

I’ve verified that this fixes the behavior, though actually iterating through all the variables in the pre\_groups on every level for every sync is slower than simply commenting out the recursion \(~17 time/hr vs ~19 time/hr\). I think that we should consider whether this check is necessary or not, and if it is then see if there’s any way to improve the method.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2653/carpet-presync-triggering-syncs-for-all