[ET Trac] #2619: include Ellipitca (reader) in Einstein Toolkit

Alireza R. trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Apr 11 14:14:20 CDT 2023

#2619: include Ellipitca (reader) in Einstein Toolkit

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component:

Comment (by Alireza R.):

”Attached, please find the orbit comparisons between BAM and ETK codes. As far as the loading of the initial data goes, they match, i.e., the metric and hydro fields populated on the correct region of the grid and, as a result, orbiting in the expected direction. There is an offset for NS trajectories, and I believe the difference is related to the grid structure that we set in the parameter file.
The deviation of BH trajectories is something that we are investigating now and requires more time to find out the best configuration for this new BHNS system. Please let me know what you think and if this is sufficient to include Elliptica in this release. Thanks!”

![](https://bitbucket.org/repo/8zBLME5/images/1799990597-NS_traj.png)
![](https://bitbucket.org/repo/8zBLME5/images/2669441114-BH_traj.png)
![](https://bitbucket.org/repo/8zBLME5/images/1887534472-BHNS_traj.png)
‌