[ET Trac] #2753: Add CarpetX thorns to Einstein Toolkit manifest

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Aug 31 09:35:32 CDT 2023

#2753: Add CarpetX thorns to Einstein Toolkit manifest

 Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Component: Other

Comment (by Roland Haas):

We have a list of tested compilers on [https://github.com/eschnett/CarpetX/wiki/CompilerCompatibility](https://github.com/eschnett/CarpetX/wiki/CompilerCompatibility) so we could for now add the thornlist to master to see what \(not if, we know something will\) breaks and then get started fixing things. gcc-9 is the earliest gcc compiler that was found to work which is newer than the current minimum of gcc-6 \(for C\+\+11\), so we may have to scout out which OS / distros / package manager provide older gcc by default \(or disable-thorns the CarpetX thorns in generic.ini which is opaque to users usually\).

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2753/add-carpetx-thorns-to-einstein-toolkit