[ET Trac] #2679: How to link an externally compiled library during ET compilation

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Jan 11 12:58:29 CST 2023

#2679: How to link an externally compiled library during ET compilation

 Reporter: Maria Mutz
Component:

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Hello Maria, I had a look at make.log.pdf \(a text file is sufficient, there is no need to convert to PDF\). Unfortunately, I am still not sure what is going on. The error message is produced by the linker \(ld\) but the compilation does not yet have reached the final linking stage and seems to be just compiling `include_modulesfiles_MRNS.f90` which should only compile and not attempt to link.

There may be “confusing” files present in the src directory \(or your environment may contain strange variables\) is my best guess. Is the file that produces the error \(`include_modulesfiles_MRNS.f90`\) the first Fortran 90 file ever compiled?

Could you please use the command

```
 VERBOSE=1 simfactory/bin/sim build -j1 2>&1 | tee make.log
```

indicated on [http://einsteintoolkit.org/support.html#general-guidelines-for-questions](http://einsteintoolkit.org/support.html#general-guidelines-for-questions) to ensure that make outputs the actual commands it executes \(this is what `VERBOSE=yes` does\) and compilation happens serially \(`-j1`\) so that one is sure what command produces the error?

Also if you could run `env >env.log` and attach the file `env.log` this may help.

Ideally also if possible, could you inlcude the source file `MRNS/Cocalthorn/src/include_modulefiles_MRNS.f90` \(via private mail to [rhaas at illinois.edu](mailto:rhaas at illinois.edu) if needed\)?

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2679/how-to-link-an-externally-compiled-library