[ET Trac] #2686: Rename CCTK_REAL -> double when float is not tested

Zach Etienne trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Jan 26 09:26:35 CST 2023

#2686: Rename CCTK_REAL -> double when float is not tested

 Reporter: Zach Etienne
Component:

Comment (by Zach Etienne):

Roland pointed out during today’s call that the compile flag REAL\_PRECISION can be set to 4, 8, or 16 bytes. It’s likely this directly sets CCTK\_REAL.

Also if we would truly like a say, physics thorn, to be cross-compatible with different CCTK\_REAL aliases, we’d probably also need aliases for transcendental functions so that e.g., CCTK\_SIN\(x\) would alias to sin\(x\) for `double` , sinf\(x\) for `float` , and sinl\(x\) for `long double`.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2686/rename-cctk_real-double-when-float-is-not