[ET Trac] #2696: Update kuibit to 1.4.0

Gabriele Bozzola trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Jan 31 10:48:22 CST 2023

#2696: Update kuibit to 1.4.0

 Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Component:

Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):

In that case, kuibit 1.3.6 will still work.

Unfortunately, it is pretty much impossible to support at the same time Python 3.7 and Python 3.11 if I want to ensure that all the dependencies are satisfied and known to be compatible.

I am acutely aware of how clusters are stuck back in time, and I tried hard to see if I could squeeze in at least Python 3.7. Given [NEP29](https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0029-deprecation_policy.html), that meant hard-coding a several versions of packages specifically for Python 3.7, and the result was that the dependency solver wouldn’t even convergence. \(At the moment, the usage of features available only in Python>3.7 is either 0 or very minimal, so the main problem is with the dependencies.\)

We can discuss how to handle this, but form a technical point of view the only solution is to forgo any check on the dependency tree and cross fingers that things will install and work \(as 80% of the Python world routinely does anyway\).

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2696/update-kuibit-to-140