[ET Trac] #2485: include complex and real scalar evolution code from Canuda in ET

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Jul 7 12:27:19 CDT 2023

#2485: include complex and real scalar evolution code from Canuda in ET

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component:

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Thank you. One question the ScalarBase \(and Evolve I guess\) docs show:

![](https://bitbucket.org/repo/8zBLME5/images/3557742379-image.png)
and state that this is the Klein-Gordon evolution equations. I guess it could be given that the evolution equations for Phi \(which I would naively think of the Klein-Gordon equations\) follow from requiring the Bianchi identities to hold for Gmunu. Maybe it would still be useful to spell out the Box Phi equation?

There are various rendering issues with the TeX files on the webserver:

![](https://bitbucket.org/repo/8zBLME5/images/2510500301-image.png)
and also in TwoPunctures:

and

![](https://bitbucket.org/repo/8zBLME5/images/1303562236-image.png)
These are sometimes caused by “dodgy” TeX \(eg leaving out `{}`\) and sometimes, unfortunately, by issues with the TeX to HTML conversion, which can even be converter version dependent. I will take a look at those rendering issues and create pull requests for any non-invasive workarounds that I find.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2485/include-complex-and-real-scalar-evolution