[ET Trac] #2738: Caunda/Proca and Canuda/Scalar test faiilures after commits that "remove parameter eta_beta_dynamic"

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Jun 13 16:33:48 CDT 2023

#2738: Caunda/Proca and Canuda/Scalar test faiilures after commits that "remove parameter eta_beta_dynamic"

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Still fails _one_ \(1\) test: [https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/tests/build\_689.html](https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/tests/build_689.html)

Note that the table lists 1 Failed Test and 4 Newly Passing Tests ie your commit fixed 4 tests.

There was a bit of a delay since I had to do some emergency cleanup so that the test do not run out of quota on GitHub \(we have accumulated about ~20GB of test results in the repository and GitHub does not like this\).

The tests all run right now, but the failing one \(teukolsky in NPSacalars\)  shows significant \(ie higher than the set threshold\) differences from the recorded known-good values.

See eg the diffs files linked \(the link labelled “diffs” in the table\) on the website for the build: [https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/tests/blob/gh-pages/records/version\_689/sim\_689\_1/NPScalars/teukolsky.diffs](https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/tests/blob/gh-pages/records/version_689/sim_689_1/NPScalars/teukolsky.diffs)

I have \(obviously\) no clue if this due to data needing to be regenerated due to the committed code changes or if this is some sort of roundoff level sensitivity that would require a less stringent error threshold to pass on multiple machines due to different compiler settings.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2738/caunda-proca-and-canuda-scalar-test