[ET Trac] #2742: Change Seed_Magnetic_Fields scheduling so it can be used by more thorns

Samuel Cupp trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Jun 14 00:48:23 CDT 2023

#2742: Change Seed_Magnetic_Fields scheduling so it can be used by more thorns

 Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Samuel Cupp):

Yeah, the only parameter changes are that the `Afield_type` parameter options are ambiguously named if I added in BNS as well, so I prepended TOV or BNS to all the keywords. This doesn’t matter for BNS, since those are new to the thorn. For the TOV case, I also have the old parameter names in there for now with a deprecation warning. The behavior is identical \(all the cases have something like `if(old_name || new_name)`. Eventually, I would want to phase out the `old_name`, but that could be done at any time, basically. The default is `new_name`, but there’s no real difference between the two.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2742/change-seed_magnetic_fields-scheduling-so