[ET Trac] #2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"

Samuel Cupp trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Jun 14 15:29:34 CDT 2023

#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"

 Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Samuel Cupp):

If I make the change in `IllinoisGRMHD`’s schedule.ccl and run the test parfile `magnetizedTOV.par`, I don’t get any issues with `stress_energy_at_RHS` on or off. As such, I’m not sure if the issue is with `IllinoisGRMHD` itself. Particularly, the values that are `nan` when Con2Prim starts are the B field and the metric. The B field I could envision potentially having an issue if the setup for the scheduling were wrong, but the fact that all the spacetime quantities are `nan` seems to suggest there could be something wrong with the spacetime evolution or ID.

‌

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-incompatible-with-setting