[ET Trac] #2619: include Ellipitca (reader) in Einstein Toolkit

Pedro Espino trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Mar 2 08:06:56 CST 2023

#2619: include Ellipitca (reader) in Einstein Toolkit

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component:

Comment (by Pedro Espino):

Hi Roland, thank you for the guidance. We were able to write an ExternalLibraries thorn for the library in question and to compile the toolkit with this thorn by specifying the aforementioned options \(INC\_DIRS, LIB\_DIRS, and LIBS\). However, when we try to compile the separate reader thorn along with this ExternalLibrary, the compilation is facing an issue in the linking stage. Specifically, we would compile the reader code \(currently being ported to a thorn\) using this library using the following command:

gcc -o idr idr.c -fopenmp -I/path/to/INC\_DIRS -L/path/to/LIB\_DIRS **-lelliptica\_id\_reader -Wl,-rpath,/path/to/LIB\_DIRS -lm**

We have tried including the linker options \(**-lelliptica\_id\_reader -Wl,-rpath,/path/to/LIB\_DIRS -lm**\) in LDFLAGS and in the LIBS environment variables during compilation, but we are still running into a compilation error during the linking stage. Is there some way to have to toolkit use these linking options to compile the reader thorn specifically?

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2619/include-ellipitca-reader-in-einstein