[ET Trac] #2705: error: more than one instance of overloaded function "isnan" matches the argument list

Miguel Zilhão trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Mar 16 20:01:29 CDT 2023

#2705: error: more than one instance of overloaded function "isnan" matches the argument list

 Reporter: Miguel Zilhão
Component:

With ET\_2022\_11, I’m finding the following error on at least two different machines when using the intel compilers:

```
error: more than one instance of overloaded function "isnan" matches the argument list:
            function "isnan(double)"
            function "std::isnan(double)"
            argument types are: (double)
```

and an equivalent error for the “isinf” function. The error points to lines 220 and 228 in the file `cactustest/TestMath/src/math_cc.cc`. If I comment lines 218-232 in this file \(or prefix the the calls with `"std::"`\) it seems to compile fine.

One machine where this happens is Marenostrum 4, but bizarrely, whether the error shows up or not, depends on which modules \(and in which order\) are loaded.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2705/error-more-than-one-instance-of-overloaded