[ET Trac] #1946: sim setup should create a section for the current machine

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Mar 23 12:48:52 CDT 2023

#1946: sim setup should create a section for the current machine

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component: SimFactory

Comment (by Roland Haas):

It’s a failed attempt at a fix. I may be adaptable though I am not really sure. The problem is that, as written, it also sets `basedir` which should not be done. The pull request would have duplicated the created `default` section as a section for the current machine, which is too much. Basically there are only some options that one wants to overwrite \(one must overwrite since the options exist in the machine entry, obvious for `basedir` but also, annoyingly, for things like `allocation` which is set to `NO_ALLOCATION` for most machines that do require an allocation\).

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1946/sim-setup-should-create-a-section-for-the