[ET Trac] #2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns

tootle trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Mar 23 14:40:13 CDT 2023

#2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns

 Reporter: tootle
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by tootle):

For the importer, the only portions of Boost needed are those related to ptree, which handles the ingestion of the config file for FUKA initial data solutions. I can look into whether or not it is possible to include a subset of boost, but I don't want to hold up the release since it is already quite late in the release schedule.

As for including boost in the ETK, I can understand the apprehension as it can be exceptionally large and time consuming to build depending on how many of the components one needs to install. In our case, the systems we work on have boost installed by default so it was a natural dependency to leverage especially for python bindings. Unfortunately this is not always the case especially for older systems

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2692/inclusion-of-fuka-importer-thorns