[ET Trac] #2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri Mar 24 10:47:01 CDT 2023

#2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns

 Reporter: tootle
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Roland Haas):

I see.

Yes, an intermediate thorn \(and ExternalLibrary\) that provides Boost would be needed \(right now, for CarpetX we use David Radice’s thorn: [https://github.com/dradice/Boost](https://github.com/dradice/Boost), which provides a built in copy of Boost 1.55 or interfaces with a system installed Boost. It uses an older style of building things, than eg is used by “modern” ExternalLibraries like HDF5 or GSL, but actually that happens to work well for Boost\).

Even if Boost is not part of the ET KadathThorn should declare a dependency on Boost in its `configuration.ccl` \(same as the Reprimand helper thorn does\), since this way a non-system Boost can be interfaced correctly \(Cactus sets the relevant `-I` and `-L` options\).

CMake is a mixed bag on clusters usually. It is very much geared towards workstation setups where there is exactly one copy of a library and its `find_XXX` functions seem to not always follow a set pattern or let a user override settings \(autoconf is similar,but usually at least lets one override everything with `CFLAGS` and `LDFLAGS` which CMake resists\). So I expect issues :-\)

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2692/inclusion-of-fuka-importer-thorns