[ET Trac] #2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit

Samuel Cupp trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Oct 16 12:15:59 CDT 2023

#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit

 Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Samuel Cupp):

This test is trying to use `NSTracker`, which I don't think is part of the Einstein Toolkit. My guess is that its one of the unrunnable tests mentioned at the top. Can you just get rid of that thorn?

Also, the parfile says its going to run to a final time of `2500`, which \(unless this runs very quickly\) is incorrect for a test. This isn’t going to run long, if at all, and it should be a minimal code test, not a physics test. So the grid doesn’t have to be well resolved. You can almost certainly move the outer boundary closer, and maybe remove some refinement levels. I’d say the iterations should probably be less than 10, especially if you’re doing full GRMHD.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgrid-importer-in-einstein