[Users] about udb.pm/mdb.pm in simfactory

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Apr 13 11:02:44 CDT 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:47 , Ian Hinder wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2010, at 10:24, Jian Tao wrote:
>
>> Hi Erik,
>>
>> I noticed that users are supposed to make the following changes to
>> udb.pm.
>> Edit udb.pm and
>>
>>    * replace YOUR_LOGIN with your username on Queen Bee
>>    * YOUR at EMAIL.ADDRESS with your usual email address
>>    * YOUR_ALLOCATION with your project allocation on Queen Bee
>>
>> Although I believe that users who follow the instruction won't have
>> trouble to locate where to change, I am wondering if it would be
>> easier to have a file similar to Cactus parameter file to store
>> pure key value pairs ?
>> e.g.
>> user="jtao"
>>
>> The same goes for mdb.pm.
>
> Yes, this is being worked on.  Erik has done a lot of work to support
> this new format in SimFactory, but as far as I know it is not yet
> finished or tested.

Michael Thomas implemented the new database format over spring break.
He did so while re-structuring and re-writing SimFactory in Python.
He is not finished yet, and you can look at the current state in the
"py" subdirectory of SimFactory.  It supports the "sync" command only
so far.

For our current needs, we can tell people where in the file to look,
as in "near the bottom".

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/