[Users] GetComponents

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 22 20:15:15 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I had played around with converting our codebase to the new directory
layout (so far it compiles without problems) and found it useful to add
darcs support to GetComponents. For this I copied the git routines and
did a s/git/darcs/ (almost literally just that).

Also slightly changed how git, darcs and hg create links by using Perl's
File::Spec->abs2rel function to create relative paths. This avoids the
hard-coded assumption that git-repos is two directory levels above the
target.

Finally I added close($output) statements to run_command which seem to
be necessary to catch the return value of 'which'. Otherwise
GetComponents does not seem to detect that there is no darcs eg. on Ranger.

If these seem like good things to have, would it be possible to add them
to GetComponents?