[Users] SVN history

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 4 07:52:43 CDT 2010

Hello Ian,

> I have just added some documentation for the Multipole thorn in
> EinsteinAnalysis.  I checked out the thorn using the GetComponents
> script, and I notice that apart from my commit, and one from Frank,
> there is no other history information when I type "svn log".  Was the
> history information discarded when the thorn was imported into SVN,
Probably accidentally discarded. The original dump was one repository
containing both Multipole and WeylScal4.

> or
> has GetComponents done some type of checkout which doesn't let me view
> the full history?  The same is true of WeylScal4, in which I can only
> see commits since March.
I am not quite sure anymore but I think the idea was to keep the old
history around. The subversion dump with all the old history is still
around (in my email archives) so if one has a dump of the current
repository one can merge them and produce a single retconned version
history out of them. I would think though that this would require all
users to create fresh checkouts of the repository since at least the
revision numbers change.

Are we still "not released" enough that this is an option?