[Users] Einstein_Toolkit compiling problem on abe

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Jun 4 08:56:05 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 10:22:53PM -0500, Hui-Min Zhang wrote:
> sol_elliptic_sin_zec.C(56): catastrophic error: could not open source
> file "gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h"
>   #include <gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h>

> any suggestion on how to fix this ?

This suggests that something is wrong with either the installation or
detection of the gsl library (which is needed for Lorene).

Please post the output of

grep GSL configs/YOUR_CONFIG_NAME/*

In my case it outputs

configs/sim/config-info:GSL_DIR=/usr/lib64
configs/sim/OptionList:GSL_DIR = /usr/lib64
configs/sim/ThornList:ExternalLibraries/GSL

but yours might be different. In my case there is no include directory
set, because on my system the gsl includes are found in a standard
place:

/usr/include/gsl/

where I also find the file which cannot be found in your case:

/usr/include/gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h

GSL_DIR should be set to /u/ac/eschnett/gsl-1.11 by the simfactory
config file, and the needed file can be found in
/u/ac/eschnett/gsl-1.11/include/gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.

Frank