[Users] Meeting Reminder

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 14 12:23:50 CDT 2010

Hello all,

here are the notes of today's meeting:

The main topics were how to split the remaining work running the test
suites for the upcoming release of the Einstein Toolkit as well as how
to split work for MHD.

Present were Ian Hinder, Eloisa, Frank, Scott, Tanja, Roland, Yoseph,
Christian Ott, Bruno Mundim

The initial part of the call was taken up discussing the Einstein
Toolkit release plan and assigning machines for running test suites to
maintainers. See http://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details
for results

* Eloisa provided a status update for the failing testsuites in
QuasiLocalMeasures, which she can make work up to issues that probably
stem from AHFinderDirect since they differ when running on a single or
multiple processors

* the string used to identify the release branch will be of the form
ET_YYYY_MM (without an explicit release number). This name will
continued to be used even if we fix a critical bug months later.

* we agreed to run the testsuites until Wednesday, then create the
release branch, and test the release branch again on a small number of
machines

* Ian has some testsuites for McLachlan about which there will be a
separate discussion on the mailing list

* we will have a short call on Wednesday to sort out final issues before
the release

Concerning MHD:

* a table outlining the split of responsibilities is at
http://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/MHD_implementation_details_and_discussions

* for now we will stick to the second-order polynomial approximation to
the eigenvalues used in the HLL solver

* the MHD developers will have a discussion as to whether to have an
explicit GRHydro::Bcom variable or to re-use HydroBase::Bvec for this
purpose together with a grid scalar to indicate which state Bvec is in

* we agreed to create a wiki page for MHD